Why I Finally Started This Blog
Hello and welcome!
I have wanted to start a blog for a while now; however, I just never got around to creating one. I always felt like I was too busy or that the timing just wasn't right. Now, I know, I know. You don't need to tell me. Blogs aren't exactly new, and they're probably not as popular as they once were. But I feel like if I can stick with this, I'll have something I can truly look back on someday. I also know there will never be a perfect time to start one. Life will always get busy, I'll always fall out of a habit here and there, and one day I might forget about it for a while. But that's for future me to worry about... or should I say, forget about?
A little less rambling and a little more about me.
Hi! My name is Elle Tamm. I recently got married, and by recently, I mean exactly two months ago. My husband and I (it's still so fun to say "husband") have two dogs, Chewy and Louise. We were both raised in a small town in Central Minnesota. Our favorite question, and probably the hardest one to answer, is, "When did you two meet?" Well... technically, we met nearly 20 years ago. Our parents are very good friends, so we've always known each other, or at least known of each other. But it wasn't until five years ago that we finally decided to hang out. We'd meet at our local Holiday, and the rest is history.
We always joke that our parents were nervous when we started dating because they didn't know what would happen if it didn't work out. Thankfully, five years later, we're married and starting a beautiful life together.
My wonderful husband works for an excavating company owned by a family friend, and I currently work at the university I attended. Outside of my full-time job, I love helping small businesses with website design, branding, and social media. If it's creative, I'm probably interested. My husband is the kind of person who's always willing to lend a hand to friends and family, no matter the project. If he isn't out on a lake fishing or sitting in a tree hunting, you'll probably find him in a field farming with his dad, in the garage fixing a vehicle, or outside working on one of his many hobbies.
From this blog, you'll most likely read about my latest adventures, things I'm learning in my faith, where I'm at in my career, book recommendations, creative projects, and the occasional bit of business advice. My hope is that this blog becomes a place that feels genuine and truly reflects who I am. If you leave with a new idea for your business, a little creative inspiration, or simply enjoyed following along, then I'd call that a success.
Thank you so much for reading my very first blog post. I hope you'll stick around as life continues to grow and change.
I'm so happy you're here.
Comments
Post a Comment