A Little Life Update
Hello! It has been a little while since I last posted. I feel like I need to reintroduce myself, but if you need that here is where you can find that.
When I started this blog, I had every intention of posting regularly; however, I knew that wouldn't happen. Life got busy, as it usually does, and writing slowly moved further down my to-do list. The past few months have included a lot of changes and some exciting opportunities!
One of the biggest updates is that I recently started a new job!
If you read my last post, you know that job hunting was not an easy experience for me. It came with a lot of applications, waiting, rejection, frustration, and wondering if I would ever find the right opportunity. Starting something new after that experience feels especially exciting.
Like any major change, a new job comes with a learning curve. I am adjusting to new responsibilities, new people, and a new routine. It can be overwhelming at times, but I am also proud of myself for stepping into something different. I am excited to learn, grow, and see where this new chapter takes me.
I am now working at a construction company. Somehow growing up I always knew I would be in the construction world at some point. My family owned a successful construction business for a while, my husband works in construction, and most of my friends work in construction. So I knew this position would be a great fit.
There have been some other changes happening behind the scenes, too. I cannot share everything quite yet, but I have some pretty big news that I hope to share within the next few months.
Keeping something so exciting to myself is not easy, especially because I am usually the kind of person who wants to tell everyone everything immediately. For now, I am enjoying this privately and looking forward to the day when I can share more.
Along with everything else, I am also trying to begin a health journey.
I say “trying” because I do not want to pretend that I suddenly have a perfect routine or that I know exactly what I am doing. SPOILER ALERT: I do not. I am simply trying to be more intentional about taking care of myself.
For me, that means paying more attention to how I feel, moving my body, drinking more water, making better food choices when I can, and giving myself permission to rest. I want to focus less on a number and more on feeling healthier.
I have always had an all-or-nothing mindset when it comes to health. If I could not follow a plan perfectly, I felt like there was no point in doing it at all. I am slowly learning that doing something imperfectly is still better than doing nothing.
A short walk still counts. One balanced meal still counts. Resting when my body needs it still counts. Starting over as many times as necessary still counts.
This is not about completely changing my life overnight. It is about building small habits that I can realistically maintain, especially during a season when so much else is changing. If you have not read the book Atomic Habits by James Clear I highly recommend it.
Right now, life feels exciting, busy, and a little unpredictable. I am settling into a new job, working on taking better care of myself, and holding onto some news that I cannot wait to share.
I am not sure how often I will post, but I do want to make writing part of my life again. This blog gives me a place to document the exciting moments, the difficult seasons, and everything that happens in between.
Hopefully, I will be back again soon. And when the time is right, I will have a very exciting update to share.
Comments
Post a Comment